Easy, healthy + just a few ingredients! Not to mention…
- Healthy protein
- Flexible option for snacking or meals
How to make Socca:
- Mix 1 cup chickpea flour, 1 cup water, 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil + 1/2 tsp salt. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Halfway through that time, turn on broiler. Set a large cast iron pan in the oven for the last 5 minutes.
- Remove the hot pan after 5 minutes + use 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to coat it, turning the pan so the oil is spread all across it and a little on the sides.
- Add the chickpea batter and set it in the oven.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, until it starts to get brown spots in the middle, then remove. Let cool for a minutes, then slice into wedges and serve.
Ways to eat Socca:
- Plain – best when fresh from the oven.
- Add other seasonings into the batter for a twist. (Try: curry, basil + garlic, French herbs, etc.)
- Add layers of veggies on top and eat like an open-faced crepe / thin sandwich.
- With a bowl of soup.
- Use to scoop up sautéed veggies.
- Dip in marinara sauce.
- Spread with pesto.
- With a side of olives, pecorino + drizzle of honey.
- As a snack instead of crackers, pretzels, cookies, etc.
- Drizzled with melted dark chocolate + fresh berries.
This blog and website do not provide medical advice. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Always check with your own healthcare provider before taking a new supplement and before making any significant diet, lifestyle, exercise or other changes. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on this site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.