I made these on a whim this week and ended up eating almost half the batch in one sitting. You can definitely make a bigger batch, just increase the ingredients proportionately.
This gave me a new use for an old tea tin! Also, careful not to eat until they cool – I started to take a bite when they were still hot and promptly got a burnt tongue.
Here’s the details:
- Combine 1-2 tsp honey + 2 tsp olive oil + 1/2 tsp ground sea salt (a generous sprinkle) and whisk together. Add cinnamon or other spices if you want.
- Lay 8-10 ounces raw pecans on baking sheet / parchment paper.
- Drizzle oil-honey mix over pecans, and mix pecans around with a spoon (you can use a small bowl to mix too).
- Place in oven at 325 for 15-20 minutes. Check frequently to prevent burning, and remove when pecans start to darken. (The aroma is wonderful!)
- Let cool and enjoy within 1 week.
Ideas for munching:
- Snack on with a cup of tea (maybe in front of the fireplace…)
- Toss on a salad (spinach, goat cheese, beets – anyone?)
- Add to granola
- Crumble and use as crust to coat poultry or fish before baking
- Mix in plain yogurt (add some blueberries too!)
- Sprinkle over roasted veggies
- Munch on with a cocktail during happy hour
Cheers to your health!
This blog and website do not provide medical advice. It is intended for general informational purposes only and does not address individual circumstances. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment and should not be relied on to make decisions about your health. Always check with your own healthcare provider before taking a new supplement and before making any significant diet, lifestyle, exercise or other changes. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on this site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.